Moniteau County, Missouri
The Peoples Bank of Moniteau County
(Org. 1891 as The Bank of Jamestown)
From the 1980 History of Moniteau County:
The Bank of Jamestown was organized in 1891 with A. B. Meyer, active President of the institution elected as cashier.
The bank first occupied the frame building just east of Knierim's Garage, which has now been torn down and removed. Later, it moved to a brick building on the northeast corner of the square. When the Louis Schlapbach building burned in 1913 or 1914, the bank bought the vacant lot and built the present bank structure on it in 1915.
It is interesting to point out that the bank has gone through three major depressions - that of 1893, the short panic of 1907, and the longer one beginning in 1929.
On October 29, 1938, the Bank of Lupus, located in Lupus, Missouri, merged with the Bank of Jamestown to form one bank. On January 13, 1941, the bank reorganized under the name of Peoples Bank of Jamestown with the following men serving as directors: T. E. Clay, E. F. Herndon, C. D. Heyssel, Norman L. Reuszer, John Zahler, and M. H. Roedel, who is still serving in that capacity. C. S. Dale served as Cashier of the bank until his retirement in June, 1954. On July 1, 1954, A. E. McDaniel was elected Cashier and served until June 30, 1968. Ward Geier was elected as Casher on July 1, 1968, and is still [in 1980] serving in that position.
In the early fall of 1969, the outside of the bank structure was restored. In 1974, we completely remodeled the inside of the bank and held our open house in July of that year. At the present  time we are adding a new 30' x 40' addition with a drive-up window unit to our building.
Present  officers of the Bank are O. E. Fullrich, President; M. H. Roedel, Vice President; and Ward Geier, Cashier. Serving on the Board of Directors are Hugh B. Alexander, Hudson Clay, Gerald Harris and Grover Snead. Employees of the bank include Nevelyn Nivens, Janet Reimler, DaLana Clay, Elizabeth Schlup and Shelley Cooper.
From the 2000 History of Moniteau County:
The Bank of Jamestown was organized in 1891 with A. B. Meyer, active President/Cashier.
The Bank first occupied a frame building east of Knierim Garage, which has now been torn down and removed. Later the Bank moved to a brick building on the northeast corner of the square. When the Louis Schlapbach building burned in 1913 or 1914, the Bank purchased the vacant lot. The present Bank structure was completed in 1915.
On October 29, 1938 the Bank of Lupus merged with the Bank of Jamestown. On January 8, 1941 the Bank was rechartered as Peoples Bank of Jamestown. Directors serving the newly chartered Bank were: T. E. Clay, E. F. Herndon, C. D. Heyssel, Norman L. Reuszer, John Zahler and M. H. Roedel. C. S. Dale served as Cashier until his retirement in June 1954.
A. E. McDaniel served as Cashier from July 1, 1954 through June 30, 1968. Ward Geier was selected Cashier July 1, 1968 and served in that capacity until his retirement September 30, 1990, David Hampton was elected Executive Vice President/Cashier October 1, 1990 and continues in that capacity to the present .
Changes that occurred on the Bank started with exterior restoration in 1969. The interior was completely remodeled in 1974 and again in 1996. A 30' x 40' addition was completed August 1, 1980 which included a drive up window.
Changes in our Bank and the banking industry are ever present. The changes are overseen by Board of Directors which include [in 2000] President Hudson Clay, Vice President Grover Snead, Executive Vice President/Cashier David Hampton, Ward Geier, J. R. George, L. L. Longan, Jr., L. F. Miller, Jr.
Employees of the Bank [in 2000] include Ted Rohrbach, Scott Snyder, Angela Flippin, Connie Dick, Jackie Koetting, Geanette Flatt, Denny Elliott, Bryan Schoenthal and Tricia Haldiman.
The Bank was re-organized in December 2004 and changed its name to Peoples Bank of Moniteau County in January, 2007.
Moniteau County Homepage
Please go to the
contact page with questions or
comments about this web site
Copyright © 1997- Alan Sparks - Moniteau County MOGenWeb, All Rights Reserved.
Last modified: April 02, 2015