Moniteau County, Missouri
Twin Pine Motel
(Est. 1955 as Bixler Motel)
From the 1980 History of Moniteau County:
In 1955 Dan, Elizabeth and Wilson Bixler saw the need of a motel in Tipton. The Dick Brothers Construction Company built 12 units, which were opened in June, 1955. Dan, Elizabeth and Wilson Bixler owned and operated "Bixler Motel" until selling it to Thornton and Della Huff, January 1, 1970.
On October 1, 1971, Raymond and Louise Dick purchased the motel, changing the name to Twin Pine Motel. They are the present  owners and operators. Presently there are 26 units, eight of those being efficiency units. There is a large meeting room that may also be used for catering dinners. This motel is a top quality motel, not usually found in a small town. There is also golfing, swimming and tennis available for guests.
Moniteau County Homepage
Please go to the
contact page with questions or
comments about this web site
Copyright © 1997- Alan Sparks - Moniteau County MOGenWeb, All Rights Reserved.
Last modified: April 02, 2015