Plymouth Baptist Church (? - Before 1917)
From the History of Moniteau County 2000:
The church stood just south of the cemetery. It was built by Abe Williams who was a carpenter by trade. The church was razed in 1917 At the present time there is no road to the cemetery. Years ago there was a road to the west of the church. The road was lined with bur oak and tables built between the trees. Families coming to church from a distance would bring their dinner and after church would stay to eat and visit.
The above is the only information found on this Historical Baptist Church located approximately 1 mile south of Clarksburg. If anyone has information on this church, please contact Alan Sparks.
Moniteau County Homepage
Please go to the
contact page with questions or comments
about this web site
Copyright © 1997- Alan Sparks - Moniteau County MOGenWeb, All Rights Reserved.
Last modified: August 02, 2014